Trains will be marked with the following symbols to signify which feeds they can be heard on:
♠ Asheville Feed
♣ Marion Feed
♥ Morganton Feed
♦ Newton Feed
● Statesville Feed
■ Salisbury Feed
Norfolk Southern (Asheville District)
- P63 Night Yard Job & Pusher Set (Wed-Sun | O/D: 2200) ♠ ♣
- P87 Asheville – Bridgewater turn (Mon-Fri | O/D: 0600) ♠ ♣
- P89 Asheville Area and Swannanoa Local (Sun-Thurs | O/D: 0800) ♠
- PS50 Relief Job (As Needed) ♠
- P71 Oyama – Bridgewater turn (Mon-Fri | O/D: 0600) ♦ ♥
- P95 Oyama – Catawba turn (Mon-Fri | O/D: 1800) ♦ ●
- P60 Barber – Oyama turn (Sun-Wed | O/D: 1500) ♦ ● ■
- P23 Barber – Mooresville turn (Mon-Fri | O/D: 0500) ● ■
- P25 Barber – Clemmons turn (Sun-Thurs | O/D: 1800) ● ■
- P84 Barber – Clemmons turn (As Needed) ● ■
- P37 Barber – Statesville turn (Sat-Wed | O/D: 1700) ● ■
- P62 Barber – Statesville turn (Mon-Fri | O/D: 0600) ● ■
- P61 Spencer – Statesville turn (Daily | O/D: 1100) ● ■
- 136 Knoxville – Asheville Manifest (Mon-Fri | Depart: 0700) ♠
- 135 Asheville – Knoxville Manifest (Tues-Sat | Depart: 0500) ♠
- 744 Shire Oaks, PA – Catawba, NC Loaded Coal (As Needed) ♦ ● ■
- 745 Catawba, NC – Shire Oaks, PA Empty Coal (As Needed) ♦ ● ■
CSX Transportation (Blue Ridge Subdivision)
- F770 Bostic – North Cove turn ♣
- F769 Kinsport – Spruce Pine turn ♣
- Q692 Waycross, GA – Russell, KY (Daily) ♣
- Q693 Russel, KY – Waycross, GA (Daily) ♣
- K447 Chicago, IL – Charlotte, NC (As Needed) ♣
- K446 Charlotte, NC – Chicago, IL (As Needed) ♣
- K477 Chicago, IL – Wadesboro, NC (As Needed) ♣
- K78 Wadesboro, NC – Chicago, IL (As Needed) ♣
Coal (N/T Loaded, E Empty)
- N760/E760 Shire Oaks, PA – Brice, NC (As Needed) ♣
- N759/E759 Shire Oaks, PA – Terrell, NC (As Needed) ♣
- N312/E312 Princeton, IN – Brice, NC (As Needed) ♣
- N313/E313 Oaktown, IN – Brice, NC (As Needed) ♣
- U444 Jacksonville, FL – Martin, KY (As Needed) ♣
G symbols for loaded and V symbols for empties. Run as needed. ♣
Heard on Statesville Feed. Runs Monday through Friday, on duty at 9am in Taylorsville. Runs to the yard just south of town, picks up whatever cars they have for NS, then continues on towards Statesville. Usually they leave Statesville and head back to Taylorsville around 3pm. Their GE44 tonner switches in Statesville on weekends as needed.
Caldwell County Railroad
Heard on Newton Feed. Runs on Tuesdays and Fridays as needed. Will start in Hickory, work up towards Sawmills, then return.
Blue Ridge Southern Railroad
Heard on Asheville Feed.
- T31 (Canton to Asheville turn) – On duty at 7:30am in Canton, spends the morning working the paper mill then heads to Asheville anywhere from 10:30 to just after 12:00. Interchanges with NS at Asheville Yard then runs back to Canton.
- T59 (Canton to Waynesville turn) – On duty at 6:30am, goes to Waynesville around 9:30 and works Giles chemical and Evergreen. Runs over the mountain to Sylva to work T&S Hardwood and Epco as needed. Usually runs over the mountain more in the winter season.
- T73 (Canton To Waynesville 2nd shift turn) – On duty at 6:30pm, goes to Waynesville around 7:30pm (can go to Sylva as needed).
- W44 (Arden to Asheville turn) – Runs Monday through Friday, on duty at 4:30pm. Runs to NS yard in Asheville then turns back to Arden, can work as far east as Kimberly Clark just outside Hendersonville.
Credit for CSX information goes to Grady McKinley. Credit for Shortlines information goes to Travis Mackey and the various members of the Carolina Rails Facebook Group.